Magus and Militiaman of Norsetown
Alignment: Chaotic Good
HP: 12 (1d8 + 4)
Fort: + 6; Ref: + 2; Will: + 2
Climb: + 6 (Str)
Knowledge (Arcana): + 7 (Int)
Knowledge (Dungeoneering: + 7 (Int)
Ride: + 6 (Dex)
Spellcraft: + 7 (Int)
Use Magic Device: + 3 (Cha)
Strength: 14 (+ 2)
Dexterity: 14 (+ 2)
Constitution: 18 (+ 4)
Intelligence: 16 (+ 3)
Charisma: 8 (- 1)
Arcane Pool: The magus gains a reservoir of mystical arcane energy that he can draw upon to fuel his powers and enhance his weapon. This arcane pool has 4 points. The pool refreshes once per day when the magus prepares his spells.
A magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves.
A magus can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If he uses this ability again, the first use immediately ends.
Spell Combat: A magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a – 2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.
Cantrips (6 Daily Slots)
Acid Splash: Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.
Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).
Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
Daze: A single humanoid creature with 4 HD or less loses its next action.
Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Disrupt Undead: Deals 1d6 damage to one undead.
Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 on attack rolls).
Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
Light: Object shines like a torch.
Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
Spark: Ignites flammable objects.
Tier 1 (4 Daily Slots)
Blade Lash: Use your weapon like a whip to trip an opponent.
Blood Money: Use your blood as material component for casting spells.
Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4).
Call Weapon: Telekinetically summon a weapon from an ally’s possession.
Chill Touch: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
Color Spray: Knocks unconscious, blinds, and/or stuns weak creatures.
Corrosive Touch: Touch attack deals 1d4 acid/level.
Enlarge Person: Humanoid creature doubles in size.
Expeditious Retreat: Your base speed increases by 30 ft.
Feather Fall: Objects or creatures fall slowly.
Flare Burst: As flare, but affects all creatures in 10 ft.
Frostbite: Target takes cold damage and is fatigued.
Hydraulic Push: Wave of water bull rushes an enemy.
Jump: Subject gets bonus on Acrobatics checks.
Line in the Sand: Increase your attacks of opportunity per round.
Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
Magic Weapon: Weapon gains +1 bonus.
Mirror Strike: You may strike multiple opponents with a single attack.
Mudball: Range touch attack that cause the target to be blinded.
Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.: Ray of Enfeeblement: Ray causes 1d6 Str penalty + 1 per 2 levels.
Reduce Person: Humanoid creature halves in size.
Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles
Shocking Grasp: Touch delivers 1d6/level electricity damage (max 5d6).
Shock Shield: A shield of force protects you until you dismiss it in an explosion of electricity.
Snowballl: Ranged touch delivers 1d6/level cold damage (max 5d6) and might stagger a foe.
Stone Fist: Your unarmed strikes are lethal.
True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.
Vanish: As invisibility for 1 round/level (5 max).
Wave Shield: Water blunts one incoming attack or fire effect.
Warding Weapon: The weapon you use for the focus of this spell defends you, allowing you to cast spells without provoking attacks of opportunity.
Ambitious, sometimes heroic, and always confident, humans have an ability to work together toward common goals that makes them a force to be reckoned with. Though short-lived compared to other races, their boundless energy and drive allow them to accomplish much in their brief lifetimes.
Ability Score Bonus: + 2 Intelligence
Base Speed: 30 feet
Languages: Common, Orcish, Dwarven, Halfling, Goblin
Skilled: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name? Abel Hardt.
2. Where and when were you born? I was born in the capital, i don’t remember where in it exactly.
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) My parents were Robin and Jack, i never knew our last name, and i gave myself one. They died when i was around 8, a terrible house fire took ‘em. They were merchants.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? I do not have any siblings.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. The capital, still. I don’t necessarily live anywhere, but i do have a small place for myself near the more wooded areas.
6. What is your occupation? Bounty Hunter and Monster doctor (that’s what i like to call it.)
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. Around 6’4 and 6’6, on the leaner side of things. no more than 210lbs. Human, longer brown hair and brown eyes. casually dressed: sleeves are ripped off my shirt, and pants aren’t in the best repair, but it’s nowhere close to rags or even old. I’m usually wearing my armor: leather breastplate, pauldrons, greaves and boots, plate armor bracers. No tattoos, but quite a few scars. too many to count. Burn marks on my chest from the house fire.
8. To which social class do you belong? lower to mid class.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? Allergic to oranges, but that’s it. No diseases or physical weaknesses.
10. Are you right- or left-handed? Ambidextrous.
11. What does your voice sound like? Lower, tiny bit raspy. Tends to talk faster than others. More of a soothing voice.
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Several curse words. I tend to say more ‘religious’ things even though i’m not very religious.
13. What do you have in your pockets? small pouch of coins, and a smooth thin rock.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I tend to bite my nails and lips a lot. Tapping fingers against stuff. I’m pretty loud, and i get excited easily. ��Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general? Rough and exciting.
16. What is your earliest memory? Being thrown in the air by my birth father, i’d laugh for several minutes straight.
17. How much schooling have you had? Not an amazing amount, but i’m not stupid. Good at math, but more street smart than textbook smart.
18. Did you enjoy school? Mildly, i had a small attention span.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? Various people i’ve met on the streets or in jail. I’ve taught myself a good amount of what i know.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them. Not particularly. Mostly fictional persons.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? Well, i got along good with my adoptive sister and father. Me and my adoptive mother have some issues.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A guardsman.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? Exploring abandoned or boarded off places.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? I was a really rambunctious kid, if i’m honest. But all over the place.
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? I wasn’t, i kept to myself and didn’t do anything too amazing. My friends were the same, and never kept them longer than the year.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss? My best friend when i was 16, her name’s Morgan.
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? No. I lose it to the same woman who i had my first kiss with. I’ve really branched off and explored things when we ended.
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today. I guess you could say i’m a mage because of my magic usage and all, but i couldn’t call myself that. I’ve taught myself important spells from stolen books about magic before i became a Bounty Hunter, then learned even more after that. My birth parents both had magic in them, it happened to be hereditary. ��Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? My parents death. It taught me that Home is more than just a place, it’s a feeling. I had to make my own home basically until i was adopted.
30. Who has had the most influence on you? My adoptive father. He taught me patience and how to deal with unplanned situations. He taught me how to fight too, which is how i make my living now.
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Being a father, but i don’t think i’m very much of one.
32. What is your greatest regret? Letting mundane problems take people i care about away from me.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? Murder, torture.
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? I have an astounding one. I stole and assaulted quite a few things back then.
35. When was the time you were the most frightened? When my then-partner was deathly sick, she didn’t get better for weeks.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? I’ve had a lot of embarrassing things happen to me.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? If i change the past, i’d be changing myself.
38. What is your best memory? Honestly? Losing my virginity.
39. What is your worst memory? Losing my parents. ��Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Both.
41. What is your greatest fear? Solitude.
42. What are your religious views? Agnostic.
43. What are your political views? Don’t really have any.
44. What are your views on sex? It’s fucking great.
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? Absolutely. I never kill children or pets.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? There’s a lot of evil things a human being can do.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? Sometimes.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life? Satisfaction.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? Not very, i’ve never been really close to anyone.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Eh, sometimes. I do consider women better than men on most occasions, mostly because of the whole pregnancy and giving birth without dying thing, but that’s not the only reason.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it? Harming a pregnant woman or child. It’s immoral for me.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? Nothing, really. ��Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how? Politely unless they earn my rudeness.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? My daughter, even though i don’t see her much, she’s why i don’t give up on a lot of things.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? My boss, because he looked past my past mistakes and didn’t call me a living piece of trash who deserves to die. He treated me like a person.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people. My best friend is a dwarf, awesome fellow. Bjorn’s his name, haven’t seen him in a while though.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person. I did, but were not together anymore.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened. No.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover? Being Understanding.
60. How close are you to your family? Decently.
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not? I have, my daughter and ex-lover. It’s not the best family, but that’s okay.
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? Myself.
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? Not necessarily, i’ve had bad experiences with that.
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? Not sure, really.
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? I don’t really despise anyone.
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Avoid conflict unless needed.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Yes.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I do, gives me more people to blend into.
69. Do you care what others think of you? Not one bit. ��Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? I like to climb. a lot. Climbing trees and buildings are my bigger hobbies.
71. What is your most treasured possession? My armor.
72. What is your favorite color? Blue.
73. What is your favorite food? Meat.
74. What, if anything, do you like to read? I don’t read that much anymore, but i usually read whatever i can get my hands on.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? Music, calm music more specifically. I could listen to it for hours.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? I drink, but not often.
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? Working or sleeping.
78. What makes you laugh? A lot of things.
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Ignorant people and those denied any services because of their race.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? Probably climb or read.
81. How do you deal with stress? A lot of exercise.
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? A bit of both, i’m usually spontaneous.
83. What are your pet peeves? Eh. ��Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? Sleep, eat, train, work, climb, eat, sleep. Not particularly angry, but irked.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person? My patience, i think.
86. What is your greatest weakness? I can be too understanding sometimes.
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My fear of solitude. I want to be able to sit alone in the dark and be fine.
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Both.
89. Are you generally organized or messy? Organized.
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. Climbing, magic and cooking. Subtlety, romance, and sleeping sometimes.
91. Do you like yourself? Mostly.
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…) To put it simply: I love adventure. I love exploring and finding new things.
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? Not quite sure yet.
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Fighting, probably.
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I’ll be honest, i don’t know.
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. Apologize to my daughter and her mother. Then drink myself stupid.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? All the people who i helped, or tried to help.
98. What three words best describe your personality? Funny, calm, and hateful to some.
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? ’bout the same, maybe not funny.
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…) You need to get your shit together and make nice with Morgan. Nothing helpful is gonna come from an angry mother who has custody of your child.